Bookish Prompts is my version of a fun interview with fellow book obsessed people on the internet. Today’s episode of Bookish Prompts is with fellow bookstagrammer Vanessa better known as Grimreads on bookstagram. I have known Vanessa for a long time and she is one of the OG bookstagrammers I have been following. Her bookstagram is a great place to read book reviews, book recommendations for true crime, thrillers and dark reads. Make sure to check her out and follow her for more bookish content.
Here is my Q & A with her. Hope you enjoy!!
Let’s get into the questions –
1. Tell us a little about yourself and your bookish habits.
Hey, I’m Vanessa(she/her) and I have been a very avid reader since I was a kid. I always found comfort from books and would stay up late at night under my covers with a booklist reading R.L Stine or Harry Potter books past my bedtime. Which I still do with my Kindle.
2. What’s your reading ritual like?
Every single night before bed I read on my Kindle, it is the only way I can fall asleep. I also love curling up on the couch in the weekend with a good book and a cup of coffee.
3. How has your reading journey been like?
My reading journey has been all over the place. I have gone times throughout my life where I didn’t pick up a book for months and I realized over the past few years those were during times of sever depression or life stress. Reading over the past few years I have found to be my best form of self care for my mental health.
4. Your ideal reading place?
In a cottage, sitting on a window seat, in the middle of the pacific northwest forest with the windows open, a fire burning, and the slightest bit of rainfall.
5. What does your dream personal library look like?
Straight out of Beauty and the Beast, with rolling ladder, but more of a cottagecore vibe than a royal castle.
6. 5 books you wish you could read for the first time again?
All the Harry Potter books
Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
Unmasked by Paul Holes
I’ll Be Gone In The Dark by Michelle McNamara
The Nothing Man by Catherine Ryan Howard
7. Books you would love to say no to?
Anything Romance related, not my vibe.
8. Books that changed your mindset or life drastically.
Pretty much all true crime has taught me to stay aware and extra cautious throughout my life. Stay sexy and don’t get murdered.
9. Bookish worlds you would love to live in?
Any books related to the pacific northwest area or a cozy little town like Stars Hollow.
10. If you could start a new reading or bookish tradition, what would it be?
I want to start giving out more books as Christmas or Birthday gifts.
11. You are preparing a book bouquet for your family member, partner and friend. Which books would you add to each bouquet and why?
I would give a bouquet of Harlequin romance novels to my Grandma. A bouquet of Final Fantasy Manga to my husband. And a bouquet of Romance novels to my bluest friend.
12. If you were having a Halloween party which authors/characters would you invite and why?
Jeneva Rose would be so much fun to have at a birthday party or Tarryn Fisher.
13. A standalone, series, and author you can’t stop recommending.
Anything by Simone St James or Jennifer McMahon.
14. Favorite characters you would want in your inner circle and why?
Not characters but authors… Michelle McNamara, Paul Holes, and I could create an incredible cold case squad.
15. If you could live as a bookish character for a day, who would it be and why?
Carly from The Sundown Motel by Simone St James. Carly would be fun since she works at a haunted motel and is obsessed with true crime.
16. Genre you cannot live without.
17. Bookish pet peeves.
People that dog ear pages and don’t use a bookmark.
18. Tropes you would kill to read and tropes you would avoid at any cost.
Being a trusty sidekick or a femme Fatale would be fun to read. Not really one for a damsel in distress trope.
19. Quotes that live rent free in your head.
Stay sexy and don’t get murdered
Books may well be the one true magic.
20. Most shocking book and an unforgettable book that you have read.
Most shocking: Behind Her Eyes
Unforgettable: True Crime Addict by James Renner
21. Favorite and unforgettable bookish memory.
Starting a tradition with my husband where every Christmas Eve we exchange books and chocolate.
22. Any strange bookish habits?
I collect creepy bookmarks.
23. It’s book confession time…
No confessions here..
24. Your ‘The Book Bucket List’.
Travel to see some of the older libraries in Europe
25. Recommend 5 books that you could never get tired of recommending.
Children on the Hill by Jennifer McMahon
The Broken Girls by Simone St James
The Night Swim by Megan Goldin
Green River, Running Red by Ann Rule
The Phantom Prince by Elizabeth Kendall
Make sure to check out the links below –
Follow Vanessa on :